Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pendulum Summoning

+3
War God - Chidori
MaximizedGamer
Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pendulum Summoning Empty Pendulum Summoning Sun May 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

Pendulum Summoning EFS6eLa

Pendulum summoning the new summoning system introduced in the new anime Arc-V which means the 5th Arc or story. The rules to pendulum summoning sounds quite complicated but it really isn't.

To pendulum summon one requires pendulum monsters these monsters have 2 values, a (left) blue value and a (right) red value, these care called scales.

When a pendulum monster is placed on the left pendulum zone, the blue scale is used and if placed on the right, the red scale is used.

Once per turn, during main phase 1, the turn player may special summon any number of monsters in their hand and/or any number of pendulum monsters in the extra deck which level is between or equal to the blue scale + 1 and the red scale -1. if the difference between the scales is 1 or less then you cannot pendulum summon. Here's a pictorial example of what I just explained:

Pendulum Summoning Pendulum_Summon_Chart

Solemn Warning cannot be used to negate a pendulum summon since it says only negates one summon unless the pendulum summon was of one monster. It cannot use it's second effect because Pendulum summoning is not an effect.

Bottomless Trap Hole can banish all pendulum monsters since it can target numerous monsters with 1500 attack or more.

When a Pendulum Monster (even if it is face-down) would be sent from the field to the Graveyard, either as a Monster Card or Spell Card, it is placed face-up in the Extra Deck Zone instead. (Pendulum Monsters can cause the total size of the Extra Deck to be larger than would be allowed during Deck building.) If a Pendulum Monster is sent from the hand, Main Deck or Extra Deck to the Graveyard; has its activation as a Spell Card or Summon negated; or is detached, it is sent to the Graveyard like normal. A Pendulum Monster in the Extra Deck Zone can be Summoned again by Pendulum Summon, as long as its Level is within the Scales.

Last edited by Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem on Sun May 18, 2014 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Sun May 18, 2014 5:29 pm

MaximizedGamer

MaximizedGamer

I have tested Pendulum Summon Mechanics in YGOPRO. Although it might seem broken in general, there is not nearly enough search, exploits at the moment to justify its use in a competitve setting. However, its existance makes Madolche a much more lethal deck, allowing easier OTK potential.

I am not an expert on effect types, however , the new archetype Satella Knights benefit greatly if pendelum summoned. They may lose timing on their effects.

I haven't seen great effects for Pendulum Monster while on the field. Konami is such an evil company.

3Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Sun May 18, 2014 5:40 pm

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

There is not enough pendulum monsters to justify adding this system into the game either, with the supposed increase in hands size and change in the decks somehow it will somehow make this work I believe but not until that happens at least.

4Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Sun May 18, 2014 6:29 pm

MaximizedGamer

MaximizedGamer

believe me I made a beast ass fire fist pendelum deck. Guess what? I played Fire Fist :3

5Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Sun May 18, 2014 10:43 pm

War God - Chidori

War God - Chidori

currently pendulum summoning is bad and inconsistent

6Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Mon May 19, 2014 10:55 am

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

that's true, that's why it's not justifiable enough to implement it into the game yet

7Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Mon May 26, 2014 6:08 pm

#hailsanta

#hailsanta

Maximized, Satellaknights don't lose timing, I don't believe. They have "if" in their effects, which means each effect activates on a chain.

8Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Wed May 28, 2014 8:42 pm

MaximizedGamer

MaximizedGamer

that's neat if they still get their effects even when summoned at the same time.

Lets not forget to mention Chidori's great one sentence posts that degrade the original post.

9Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Sat May 31, 2014 1:13 am

War God - Chidori

War God - Chidori

MaximizedGamer wrote:that's neat if they still get their effects even when summoned at the same time.

Lets not forget to mention Chidori's great one sentence posts that degrade the original post.
Thats what im here for
but pendulums are bad due to lack of good cards and its just inconsistent 
MST is also a thing so ya... xD

10Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Sat May 31, 2014 5:38 am

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

Resurrēctiō De Phoenicem

MST is 3 in 40 cards (min) so In my pendulum deck which I only use against other pendulum decks is Spell Shattering Arrow, it's an heavy storm for pendulums which does damage too

11Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:30 am

War God - Chidori

War God - Chidori

play HAT 
that kills pendulums 
but pendulums are inconsistent so they are still bad

12Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:12 pm

ab9999

ab9999

They are going to add a pendulum archetype to DN tho. It is already on devpro and i think it may actually make pends do something xD

13Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:13 pm

BlinkZGaming

BlinkZGaming

I feel bad for the admins because many noobs will want to try these out then not know what to do with them...

14Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:20 pm

Blackroseduelist`

Blackroseduelist`

https://i.imgur.com/jGUphff.png

i guess 2013 drulers can't do anything either...

15Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:16 pm

BlinkZGaming

BlinkZGaming

I don't feel like pendulums are good by themselves.. but with other decks they amazing. Such as scrap, gadgets, or synchro deck.

16Pendulum Summoning Empty Re: Pendulum Summoning Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:02 pm

Blackroseduelist`

Blackroseduelist`

with the support pendulums are getting they can actually be efficient and consistent. Examples are qliphorts and partly D.D.(They incorporate pendulums in their archetype.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum