Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is "Additional Summon"?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What is "Additional Summon"? Empty What is "Additional Summon"? Tue May 07, 2013 3:13 am

D.D. Eatos

D.D. Eatos

What is "Additional Summon"? EFS6eLa

There will be a time where you will come across card texts that say

"you can Normal Summon _____ in addition to your Normal Summon or Set."

Some allow this effect to be used more than once and some allow only one use. I will be covering the differences between the two.

Additional Summon: Continuous

Any effect that allows cards to Normal Summon or Set in addition to the the Normal Summon or Set you have conducted this turn, can only occur once if the effect that allows it is a Continuous Effect. Multiple copies of this card will not allow you to use the effect again, until your next turn. Although most of the time, it'll be clear that you can only use the effect once per turn.

Evilswarm Castor
What is "Additional Summon"? A1fd0e3d72724ac2acad5ff
Attribute: Dark
Level: 4
Type: Warrior/Effect
ATK/DEF: 1750/550
Text: During the turn this card was Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 "lswarm" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)

Brain Research Lab
What is "Additional Summon"? BrainResearchLab-TF04-JP-VG
Type: Spell Card (Field)
Text: Once per turn, you can Normal Summon 1 Psychic-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set. If successful, place 1 Psychic Counter on this card. You can also place 1 Psychic Counter on this card instead of paying Life Points to activate any Psychic-Type monster's effect that you control. When this card is removed from the field, the controller of this card takes 1000 damage for each Psychic Counter on it.

Although the text may seem like it is an Ignition-Like Effect. Under a new reprint/errata, the text will confirm it is a Continuous Effect.

Addition Summon: Activation

Cards such as Ultimate Offering and the "Hunder" Archetype holds a text that allow them to be "Activated", versus other cards that are passive. These effect can be indefinitely be used so long as the conditions are met.

Pahunder
What is "Additional Summon"? 6b446d81945344c88f1e372
Attribute: Light
Level: 4
Type: Thunder/Effect
ATK/DEF: 1300/600
Text: Once per turn: You can Normal Summon 1 Level 4 LIGHT Thunder-Type monster from your hand, except "Pahunder", as an additional Normal Summon.

Ultimate Offering
What is "Additional Summon"? UltimateOffering-TF04-EN-VG
Type: Trap Card (Continuous)
Text: During your Main Phase or your opponent's Battle Phase: You can pay 500 Life Points; Normal Summon or Set 1 extra monster.

Other Mentions

Chain Summoning
What is "Additional Summon"? ChainSummoning-TF04-JP-VG
Type: Spell Card (Quick-Play)
Text: Activate only as Chain Link 3 or higher. You can Normal Summon or Set up to 3 times this turn. You cannot activate this card if multiple cards/effects with the same name are in that Chain.

Chain Summoning does not grant 3 additional summons. It changes the summon limit from 1 to 3 instead.

If I missed anything or if you have any questions, please leave a comment or send me a private message.

Last edited by D.D. Eatos on Thu May 23, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://herobreakduelacademy.motionforum.net/

2What is "Additional Summon"? Empty Re: What is "Additional Summon"? Thu May 23, 2013 5:36 am

D.D. Eatos

D.D. Eatos

Updated and Revised

Please leave a comment below

http://herobreakduelacademy.motionforum.net/

3What is "Additional Summon"? Empty Re: What is "Additional Summon"? Thu May 23, 2013 7:09 pm

Devan

Devan

Thank you very much for writing this up. Many people confuse continuous effects with activation effects. I've seen some people trying to use Evilswarm Castors effect twice after summoning a new copy. There are other situations when this happens too which many players are not aware of. +1 Rep!

https://yugioh-universe.forumotion.com

4What is "Additional Summon"? Empty Re: What is "Additional Summon"? Thu May 23, 2013 11:38 pm

ricelover123

ricelover123

i... i love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum